Skip to main content

Role Play: Chapter 5 Learning Skills

 

Role play

Work in pairs and enact this situation.

Think about something you have wanted to learn but have been prevented from doing so. For example, you may have wanted to learn a computer language, driving, swimming, singing, playing a musical instrument, dancing, or pursue a course of study. Imagine that you get an opportunity to fulfill your dreams. Meet the instructor and ask questions regarding your course.

Kiran : (Excited and eager) Hey there! I can't believe I finally have the chance to learn to play the guitar. I've wanted to do this for ages!

 

Kranti: (Smiling and friendly, playing the role of the instructor) That's fantastic! I'm glad you're here to start this journey. So, what would you like to know about the course?

 

Kiran : Well, first off, how long does the course typically take? I'm really eager to start playing songs.

 

Kranti: The duration can vary depending on your practice and progress, but typically, it takes around six months to a year to become proficient. We'll start with the basics and gradually work our way up to more complex techniques.

 

Kiran : Great, and what about the class schedule? I have a full-time job, so I need to plan my time accordingly.

 

Kranti: We can be flexible with the schedule. We offer both weekday evening and weekend morning classes to accommodate your work commitments.

 

Kiran : Perfect! I've never played before, so do I need to bring my own guitar or should I rent one?

 

Kranti: You can bring your own if you have one, but we also offer guitar rentals for the course, which can be a good option if you're just starting out.

 

Kiran : That's good to know. Lastly, what can I expect in terms of learning materials and resources?

 

Kranti: We'll provide you with a beginner's guide, music sheets, and access to online tutorials to support your learning. And of course, I'll be here to guide you every step of the way.

 

Kiran : I'm so excited to begin! Thanks for answering my questions. I can't wait to learn how to play the guitar!

 

Kranti: You're very welcome. I'm looking forward to helping you on this musical journey. Let's get started!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SY BCOM/ BSc MCQS

 Action Will Be Taken by Heinrich Böll 1. **Why did the narrator interview for a job at Alfred Wunsiedel's factory?**      a) He was interested in the work.      b) He needed a job desperately.      c) He was encouraged by a friend.      d) He was curious about the factory.      **Answer:** b) He needed a job desperately. 2. **Why did the narrator suspect the factory?**      a) It was unusually quiet.      b) The workers seemed too happy.      c) There were too many rules.      d) The building looked old.      **Answer:** b) The workers seemed too happy. 3. **Why did the company give the candidates breakfast?**      a) To boost their energy.      b) To make them feel valued.      c) To test their reaction to kindness. ...

FY BCOM SEM-1 AEC_English Proficiency and Life Skills-I MCQS

  Reading Skills, Customer Relations & Word Formation A. Reading Skills 1. What should a reader do before beginning to read a text for a specific purpose? A. Memorise the entire text B. Understand the purpose of reading C. Read only the conclusion D. Skip the introduction Answer: B 2. Skimming is primarily used to: A. Study every detail of a text B. Get an overall idea of a text C. Memorise vocabulary D. Analyse grammar Answer: B 3. Scanning is a type of reading used to: A. Enjoy a literary work B. Find specific information C. Understand every argument D. Summarise an entire chapter Answer: B 4. Close reading is also known as: A. Extensive reading B. Intensive reading C. Casual reading D. Speed reading Answer: B 5. Which type of reading involves reading a text in detail? A. Skimming B. Scanning C. Close reading D. Previewing Answer: C 6. Skimming is particularly useful when the reader wants to: A. Locate a particular date B. Understand the gene...

Understanding of the Story: Assertive Skills

Assertive Skills  Verger by Somerset Maugham Understanding the story Answer the following questions. Later you may discuss your answers in the class 1. Who is Albert Edward? Albert Edward is the verger (caretaker) of St. Peter's Church. 2. How long has he been working at his job? He has been working at his job for sixteen years. 3. What is his attitude to the new vicar? Albert Edward initially seems apprehensive and resentful towards the new vicar's suggestion of resignation due to his lack of education. 4. What problem does Albert face in his career? The problem Albert faces in his career is that he is asked to resign from his position as verger because he is illiterate and unable to write his name. 5. How does he face the critical situation that he no longer has a job?  Albert faces the critical situation of losing his job by deciding to start his own successful business. 6. How does he set up a new business and prosper in it? He sets up a tobacco shop and prospers in it by ...