Skip to main content

FY BCOM SEM -I SEC_Advanced Communication Skills in English-I Dialogue Writing: Making and Accepting an Apology

 1. Parveen forgets to wish her friend Anju on her birthday and calls her to apologise. Anju assures her that it is all right.


Parveen: Hello, Anju! How are you?

Anju: Hi, Parveen! I am fine. How are you?

Parveen: I am fine too. Anju, I am really sorry. I completely forgot to wish you yesterday on your birthday.

Anju: Oh, Parveen! It is all right. Please don't worry about it.

Parveen: I feel really bad. I remembered your birthday only this morning. I was so busy with my college work that I completely lost track of the date.

Anju: Don't feel bad. I understand that you have been busy with your studies.

Parveen: Still, I should not have forgotten such an important day. You are one of my closest friends.

Anju: That's very sweet of you. Your apology means a lot to me.

Parveen: Belated happy birthday, Anju! I hope you had a wonderful day and enjoyed yourself with your family and friends.

Anju: Thank you so much, Parveen. I had a lovely time. My family arranged a small celebration at home.

Parveen: That sounds wonderful! I am sorry I could not be there.

Anju: It's perfectly fine. You can make up for it by treating me to lunch sometime.

Parveen: Of course! I promise. Let me take you out this weekend.

Anju: Deal! And once again, don't worry. I have completely forgiven you.

Parveen: Thank you, Anju. You are such a good friend.

Anju: That's what friends are for. See you soon!

Parveen: See you. Take care!


2. Ashok Garg apologises to his senior colleague, Tony Alfred, for a mistake that he made in drafting a legal document. Alfred excuses Ashok.


Ashok: Good morning, Mr Alfred. May I speak to you for a moment?

Tony: Good morning, Ashok. Of course. What is the matter?

Ashok: I wanted to apologise for a mistake I made while drafting the legal document yesterday.

Tony: What mistake are you referring to?

Ashok: I accidentally entered an incorrect date in one of the important sections of the document. I noticed the error while reviewing the final copy this morning.

Tony: I see. Did you check the document before submitting it?

Ashok: Yes, sir. I checked it, but unfortunately, I overlooked that particular error. I sincerely regret my carelessness.

Tony: I appreciate that you have informed me about it. Mistakes can happen, but we must be especially careful while preparing legal documents.

Ashok: I completely understand, sir. I take full responsibility for the mistake. I have already corrected the date and prepared a revised copy.

Tony: Good. Have you checked the entire document again?

Ashok: Yes, sir. I have carefully checked every section twice to make sure there are no other errors.

Tony: All right, Ashok. Don't worry too much. I accept your apology. Just be more careful next time.

Ashok: Thank you very much, sir. I am grateful for your understanding.

Tony: You're welcome. Consider this a learning experience.

Ashok: Certainly, sir. I assure you that I will be more careful in future.

Tony: Good. Please submit the corrected document to me before the meeting.

Ashok: I will do that immediately. Thank you once again for understanding.

Tony: That's all right, Ashok. Carry on with your work.

Ashok: Thank you, sir. Have a good day.

Tony: You too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding of the Story: Assertive Skills

Assertive Skills  Verger by Somerset Maugham Understanding the story Answer the following questions. Later you may discuss your answers in the class 1. Who is Albert Edward? Albert Edward is the verger (caretaker) of St. Peter's Church. 2. How long has he been working at his job? He has been working at his job for sixteen years. 3. What is his attitude to the new vicar? Albert Edward initially seems apprehensive and resentful towards the new vicar's suggestion of resignation due to his lack of education. 4. What problem does Albert face in his career? The problem Albert faces in his career is that he is asked to resign from his position as verger because he is illiterate and unable to write his name. 5. How does he face the critical situation that he no longer has a job?  Albert faces the critical situation of losing his job by deciding to start his own successful business. 6. How does he set up a new business and prosper in it? He sets up a tobacco shop and prospers in it by ...

SY BCOM/ BSc MCQS

 Action Will Be Taken by Heinrich Böll 1. **Why did the narrator interview for a job at Alfred Wunsiedel's factory?**      a) He was interested in the work.      b) He needed a job desperately.      c) He was encouraged by a friend.      d) He was curious about the factory.      **Answer:** b) He needed a job desperately. 2. **Why did the narrator suspect the factory?**      a) It was unusually quiet.      b) The workers seemed too happy.      c) There were too many rules.      d) The building looked old.      **Answer:** b) The workers seemed too happy. 3. **Why did the company give the candidates breakfast?**      a) To boost their energy.      b) To make them feel valued.      c) To test their reaction to kindness. ...

BCA/BBA Sem-1 Business Communication Short Question Answer of Unit : 1

  BCA Sem-1 Business Communication  Short Question Answer 1. Define Communication Skills/ Process Ans: Communication is a Latin Word derived from 'Communicare' Meaning sharing ideas, opinions, information and Feelings between two or more than two participants trough proper channel and get a feedback. 2. What are the elements of Communication skills? Ans: There are total 7 elements of communication skills as follows: 1. Sender 2. Encode 3. Message 4. Channel 5. Decode 6. Receiver 7. Feedback 3. What is Interpersonal Communication? Ans: Communication happens between two people is known as interpersonal communication for i.e. A friend talking with another friend. 4. What is Extra-personal Communication Skills? Communication that takes place with human entities and non-human entities as well , it is called to be extra personal communication. 5. What is Intrapersonal Communication Skills? Intrapersonal skills are  a form of self-communication because it rel...