Four-Minute Radio Segment
Radio Channel: Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM
RJ: RJ Riya
Topic: “Are We Living or Just Scrolling?”
π️ Introduction
RJ Riya:
“Helloooo, everyone! What’s up, people? You’re listening to Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM, and I’m your host, RJ Riya, bringing you your daily dose of fun, music and… a little reality check!
Okay, Gen-Z, I have a very important question for you.
Be honest… How many times have you checked your phone today?
Once? Twice?
Hmm… yeah, I’m not buying it! We all know the answer is probably more times than we can count! π
You open Instagram for ‘just five minutes’… and suddenly, BOOM! One hour is gone!
So today, let’s talk about something that is basically a huge part of our lives — social media!”
π️ Topic / Theme
“Now, don’t get me wrong. Social media is amazing. We can connect with friends, discover new music, learn new things, watch funny reels and even build our careers.
But sometimes… we go from ‘I’ll just check one reel’ to ‘Why is it 2 a.m.?!’
Relatable? I know! π
And then comes the comparison game.
You see someone posting their perfect vacation, perfect outfit, perfect relationship and perfect life… and suddenly you’re sitting there thinking, ‘Bro, what am I doing with my life?’
But remember — social media shows us someone’s highlight reel, not their entire life.
So, here’s my little challenge for you today: put your phone down for just 30 minutes. Talk to a friend. Go outside. Listen to music. Have a chai. Do literally anything that doesn’t involve scrolling!
And hey, I’m not saying delete Instagram!
Relax, guys! I’m not that brave! π
I’m just saying — use social media, but don’t let social media use you.
Now, after all this serious gyaan, I think we definitely deserve some music!”
π΅ Song Request / Selection
“And this next song is for everyone who wants to forget their stress, put their headphones on and just vibe!
We’ve got a special request for ‘Ilahi’ from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
Whether you’re travelling to college, sitting with your friends, or just staring out of the window pretending you’re in a Bollywood movie — this one’s for you!
So, volume up, worries down…
Music, please! πΆ”
[Song plays]
π️ Closing Remarks
“And we’re back!
Okay, tell me — after that song, didn’t you feel like packing a bag and going on a random trip? π
But before I sign off, remember this:
Don’t compare your real life with someone else’s Instagram feed.
Your life doesn’t have to look perfect to be amazing.
So go out, laugh a little, make memories, talk to your people — and yes, you can come back and scroll later! π
This is RJ Riya, signing off from Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM.
Stay happy, stay real, and please… touch some grass once in a while! π
Until next time, keep vibing, keep smiling and keep the music playing!
Bye, guys! See you soon! π§✨
Comments